Thank the lort Frozen didn't go this way.
Kristen Bell confirmed that Elsa wasn't supposed to be just a misunderstood sister, but a regular Disney VILLAIN!
Frozen's producer Peter Del Vecho told EW that originally Elsa and Anna weren't sisters.
"They weren’t even royal. So Anna was not a princess. Elsa was a self-proclaimed Snow Queen, but she was a villain and pure evil — much more like the Hans Christian Andersen tale. We started out with an evil female villain and an innocent female heroine and the ending involved a big epic battle with snow monsters that Elsa had created as her army…”
Here's other things that were in early drafts:
- There was a prophecy to start the movie: “a ruler with a frozen heart will bring destruction to the kingdom of Arendelle.”
- Elsa was a scorned woman jilted at the altar, and it turned her heart ice cold
- The end of the movie featured Elsa creating an army of snow monsters
- We find out Elsa is NOT THE VILLAIN even she thought she was
- Prince Hans creates an avalanche to stop them AND kill everyone else, revealing that HE is the villain the prophecy talked about
Thankfully they reworked it, because that would be a terrible movie.