So apparently tomorrow is National Doughnut Day? This is definitly a holiday we can get behind! You're thinking well why does the Doughnut have a holiday, well funny you should ask that!
The holiday goes back to 1938, when it was established to honor The Salvation Army Donut Lassies, women who served the sweets to soldiers during World War I.
Now here's the best part about the holiday, Doughnut shops around town will be giving out FREE DONUTS!!!!
Yep they are giving out free donuts and here's a list of places you can hit up to get your free donut.
- Dunkin' Donuts - Score a free classic doughnut when you buy any beverage Friday, while supplies last.
- Edible Arrangements: They have new Edible Donuts made with granny smith apples, chocolate and a variety of toppings. On Friday, get a free “doughnut” and from June 2-6 any size or combo is buy-one-get-one free.
- Krispy Kreme - Get a free doughnut Friday, no purchase necessary.
- Shipley Do-Nuts: Get one free glazed do-nut Friday from 5 a.m. to noon.
- Walmart - Come by Friday for a free glazed doughnut