Nashville has a new artist coming to town! She is blonde, plastic and an American Doll. Last Thursday, American Girl announced the doll named Tenney Grant. As with all of their dolls, Tenney has a story.
She is a singer-songwriter pursuing her dreams in Music City. American Girl and author Kellen Hertz worked with Erika Wollam Nichols of Bluebird Cafe and artist manager Denise Stiff to come up with the Tenney's story.
Tenney's biography on American Girl's website reads:
- Name: Tenneyson Grant
- Hometown: Nashville, Tennesee
- School: Magnolia Hills Middle School
- Parents: Georgia And Ray Grant
- Siblings: Mason and Aubrey
- Pets: Waylon, a golden retriever
- BFFS: Jaya Mitra
- Hobbies: Playing guitar and banjo, singing, writing songs, cooking with my mom
- Biggest dream: To share my songs with the world!
The Tenney line will include various accessories including you named it... a guitar! Along with Tenney comes the first boy American Doll, drummer Logan Everett. The two dolls will be released together on Thursday, Febraury 16th.
On Feb. 25 at 10 a.m., American Girl Nashville at the CoolSprings Galleria will celebrate Tenney's debut by hosting an in-store event that is slated to include a book signing by Hertz and performances by local musicians including Marisa McKaye. For more information, find out more on their website!