NOTE: This story has been updated with new information since it was first posted.
This very weird billboard appeared off I-24 near Nissan Stadium.
Wells Adams told us about it after he got to work.
And it has us all saying WTF?
On the surface, it looks like some dude from WV asking Taylor out on a date. But this looks weird, and has our antennae up.
Who is Joey Jackson from Harrisville, WV? The Billboard says "Find us on Facebook".
A search on Facebook doesn't give us much:
Neither of these have any info unless you friend them. Although the monkey does seem like someone we'd like to hang with.
Maybe by "find us (plural)", they meant the people of Harrisville WV? We got just a town page with pictures of flags and lights from their Christmas parade.
The mystery deepens.
We have so many questions.
- Is this a stalker? Is he using her love of cats to try to lure her in? Should this person be investigated? She's had so much trouble with crazed fans, we hope this isn't so.
- Is this some kind of stunt to get her to do something for an animal charity?
- Is this an idiotic radio stunt? Country dj's in Nashville have put up fake billboards before and blamed it on bloggers. They later admitted it was a desperate stunt to be liked.
- Who has the money to spend on this? Billboards cost a fortune. (estimates say this billboard may cost $3,600 a month)
- Why is the word "Date" capitalized? Is this a typo, or does it have special meaning?
Thanks to our friend @TNCoverGirl for tipping us off to this story from Pittsburgh in 2013. Is this man the same guy who bought the billboard in Nashville? If so, her security team needs to shut this down!
According to a news report from KDKA Pittsburgh, a then 38 yr old Joseph Jackson was arrested at a Taylor Swift show at Heinz Field carrying signs that read, “I luv you” and “Taylor Swift is with Satan.”
Jackson was arrested for Facebook threats. When cuffed, he told the cops “Taylor Swift is Satan and that 6,000 years is six days and death comes on the sixth day, so Taylor Swift is in danger.” There were no weapons on him at the time.