Elon Musk's amazing electric car for the masses (The Tesla 3) starts delivering this month and is one of the most incredible cars. And it doesn't hurt that it's gorgeous and somewhat affordable. And... there's a tie-in with Amber Heard.
Here's why Tesla 3 is so amazing:
- before tax incentives for electric cars are taken into account, it starts at 35K and will be probably closer to 40k with a few extras. That's in line a lot of very traditional cars on the road right now. (Nissan Maxima MSRP starting at 32K)
- It can go 215 miles on a single charge (around double the distance of Nissan's Leaf and Hyundai's Ioniq) and accelerates 0 to 60 in 6 seconds.
Here's where you go:
- It will come a full array of sensors and a super computer that will make it ready for what they call the Enhance Autopilot system. Here's what it will eventually be able to do on it's own.
- Speed up or slow down to adjust to traffic.
- Change lanes or merge as needed.
- Merge on and off highway entrance/exit ramps.
- Park itself!
- And get this... in can bring itself to you. Walking out of Bonnaroo and wondering where the heck you parked in the field of 10,000 cars. It will come find YOU!
- For an extra 4K, it can completely drive itself, as soon as the laws allow.
- It has a 5 star safety rating.
- You can using existing charging stations, one you set up at home, or one of the Tesla Supercharger stations (shown below) to get a 170 mile charge in 30 minutes. The gray stars show how it will double the number of stations in less than a year.
- The car has room for 5 people. And Elon Musk says it can hold a 7 ft surfboard (for all those trips to Percy Priest Lake).
- It will offer an all glass roof soon, that not only melts off snow and ice, but generates more power for the car.
What this all comes down to... this car is freakin cool.
According to Business Insider, the first 3 pre-ordered cars will be given to customers later this month to those who pre-ordered. The factory will be putting out 1,500 cars in September. By the end of the year, 20,000 cars will be driving out of the factory every month.
And what does all this have to do with Amber Heard?
Well, she left her relationship with Johnny Depp (under terrible circumstances). And she transitioned to a new relationship with Tesla founder (and the Steve Jobs of the new generation), Elon Musk. She's done pretty well for herself.