Trick or Treating Kid Tests Positive For Meth


Getty Images

Getty Images

A child in Ohio went trick or treating for a short time before being sent to the hospital. He tested positive for meth in the small town of Galion, Ohio (between Columbus and Cleveland.  According to town police, he suffered a seizure. But he is expected to make a full recovery.

Reports say he got sick immediately after playing with fake teeth he was given while trick or treating.  He was at home with the teeth in his mouth when he fell to the floor. The boy's father has told the media that he only had a few pieces of candy before he got sick.

Getty Images

Getty Images

Police got a call from the ER nurse who told them the boy tested positive for meth.  The candy, which had already been thrown out, was recovered by officers and has been sent for lab testing.

"We encourage parents to thoroughly check any candy your children may have received before they eat it," the Galion PD said in a statement. 

But is the poisoning of Halloween candy something to fear? Not according to a Halloween sadism expert. Joel Best previously stated, 

“There is this fear out there, and it is terribly overblown.  They are worried that some maniac will hand them a contaminated treat, and I can’t find any evidence that has ever resulted to a death or serious injury.”