Metro Nashville Public Schools surveyed parents about where they want their kids to be during the Covid pandemic. Should they keep doing remote learning at home? Or should they be back among their peers in person at school.
Going back to school has a slight edge with parents.
Dr. Battle from Nashville Schools recommended high school students return in the second semester. Here's the schedule for returning to school (for now):
- Tuesday, October 13, students in grades Pre-K through 2 will return for a half-day, with another half-day on October 14 and two full days on October 15 and 16.
- Tuesday, October 20, students in grades 3 and 4 will return to classes.
- Tuesday, October 27, students in grades 5 and 6 will return to classes.
- Wednesday, November 4, students in grades 7-8 will return to classes.
- Thursday, January 7*, high school students in grades 9-12 will return to classes.