With one of the worst winters in years, the pothole problem in Nashville and throughout middle TN is really bad. Snow, ice, and torrential rain have ripped up our roads.
But if one of those potholes destroys your tire your rims, you can get paid by the state of Tennessee.
Repairs can be super expensive. Tires alone can cost you from $200-$500. And car rims can cost incredible amounts of money.
But the state of Tennessee can reimburse you for these damages that weren't your fault. But they have to know about the pothole. If they were notified of a pothole, and then you damage your car, you might get your repairs paid for.
Having a report of a pothole on record gives the state a chance to fix it. If it wasn't fixed after they knew about it, you have a better chance of getting your claim paid.
Report a pothole.
- Davidson and Williamson counties: 615-350-4400
- Macon, Trousdale, Smith, Sumner and Wilson counties: 615-451-5822
- Cheatham, Houston, Stewart, Montgomery and Robertson counties: 931-648-5570
- Dickson, Hickman, Humphreys and Maury counties: 931-296-9600
- Bedford, Moore, Lincoln, Marshall and Rutherford counties: 931-270-5030
- Giles, Lawrence, Lewis, Perry and Wayne counties: 931-766-1414
You can do it by email too. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then if you or someone else hits the pothole and your car is damaged, you've got a chance to have that repair paid for.
Go here to file a pothole claim with the Tennessee Department of Treasury.