Instagram has announced it will adjust its algorithm so it will limit who sees your Instagram Reels if you are reposting videos from Tik Tok. (It must drive Zuckerberg crazy to see the Tik Tok watermark on his network.)
They say it's because they want Instagram to be a place for original content. But you and I know it's because they hate rival Tik Tok.
Here are some ways to get around Instagram's temper tantrum. We've found websites, apps, and how-to videos that get rid of the tik tok watermark (which is how Instagram will spot your reposting).
Copy and paste the Tik Tok video into this online converter called Tik Tok Downloader.
Here's another online converter called Lovetik.
You can crop it out of the video:
- Find the video in your Photos app.
- Select Edit > Resize at the bottom.
- Pinch to zoom into the video and remove the watermark.
- Tap Done.
Save the video as a live video:
- In TikTok, click the Share button and choose Live Photo.
- Open up the Photos app on your phone.
- Select the Live Photo.
- Tap the Share button > Save as Video.
Or use an app like Video Eraser