You know about reds and whites and pinks when it comes to wine...but have you ever heard of orange wine?!
Apparently it's HUGE in the UK and has been around for over 6,000 years ago.
Here are some facts about orange wine:
- It originated in Eastern Europe
- It's not made from any type of orange grape
- It's made from white grapes but the skin is left on, hence the orange color (normally when you make white whine, you remove the skin)
- It's pricey
- It pairs well with spicy food!
- It's also called "amber" or "romato"
Unfortunately, I wasn't successful in finding where it can be bought here in Nashville but I want it for Halloween so maybe I'll just dye some white wine orange!