The idea of "social distancing" might have sounded great at first, but after a day, its gotten pretty boring. So, what the heck are you supposed to do with all this time? We've got tons of ideas! Plus, keep an eye on our social media for updates on new virtual events including workouts, trivia, Q&As, and more!
- Have an e-movie night with friends! It takes all the benefits of a regular movie night (being with friends, talking about the movie, etc.) and eliminates the less exciting stuff (germ-spreading, sharing snacks, etc.). Get your friends together on a video chat service like Facebook Watch Party or share your screen with up to 50 people and watch any movie you'd like. If you're less tech-savvy, just all agree to press play at the same time and text each other throughout the movie!
- Host a digital game night! Its 2020, so by now, most board games have an app-version too! A simple search of "board games" on the App Store brings up a ton - Scrabble, Risk, Guess Who, and more!
- Keep your happy hour plans by FaceTime with your friends while you crack open a beer, mix up a drink, or brew a cup of coffee!
Be Productive + Stay Active
- Maybe, just maybe, you can use this time to clean the room you've been putting off for months
- FINALLY do your taxes...you've got plenty of time now. No excuses!
- Keep working out! Maybe you can't go to the gym, but there's plenty of workout videos on YouTube!
- Update your resume...ya know, the thing you haven't updated in years!
- Finally unsubscribe from all the annoying newsletters you somehow signed up for
- Clear out your closet and start a donation pile.
- Catch up your reading
- Get out of the house and take a hike...in a non crowded park, of course
- Do a huge puzzle! I mean...you've got the time
- Foster a pet! Lots of shelters are having to close temporarily and the puppies and kitties need a place to go
- Shed Group Fitness is offering 2-3 live session "at home" workouts a day!
Learn Something New
- Udemy offers thousands of online classes that cover pretty much every topic you could ever imagine.
- Watch a YouTube tutorial. Have you been wanting to switch up your makeup routine? Now is the perfect time to try out a new look
- Scholastic has set up a "Learn From Home" website with four categories - PreK + Kindergarten, Grades 1 +2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6+. The program provides up to three hours of worth of content per day. Right now, each section is set up with 1-weeks worth of courses, but there's more to come!
- Take a virtual museum tour through Google Arts + Culture
- The Cincinnati Zoo has temporarily closed, but they're offering a FREE live stream of the animals every day at 3pm via Facebook Live.
- Learn to cook! A simple google search will bring up hundreds of free and paid ONLINE cooking classes
- Take a virtual field trip! Maybe its meant for your kids, but we can enjoy them too!
- Join the Virtual Marine Biology Camp. They are live streaming Mondays and Thursdays at 11am PDT on Facebook and Instagram.