It’s almost Halloween and that means it’s time to talk about all things candy-related. You probably remember what your favorite candy was when you were a young trick-or-treater, but chances are, you have no idea what the country’s favorite Halloween candy was the year you were born.
- 1971: Laffy Taffy - The jokes on the wrappers made this a Halloween favorite.
- 1975: Pop Rocks - Despite the urban legend, these won’t make your stomach explode.
- 1977: Tootsie Roll - They had a catchy jingle back then and this was their big moment.
- 1980: Big League Chew - This pouch of gum was a huge hit when it came out in 1980.
- 1981: Jelly Belly - Thank President Reagan for this one, they were a favorite of his.
- 1982: Reese’s Pieces - This is the year “E.T.” came out featuring the new-ish candy.
- 1985: Sour Patch Kids - Coming out at the height of Cabbage Patch Kids mania helped this candy become super popular.
- 1987: Air Heads - This new candy was an instant hit.
Want to find out what candy kids were getting the year you were born?! Find out HERE!!