It seems like everyone has some time on their hand and once this is all over, I'm thinking we're all going to come out as AMAZING cooks! One thing I have noticed is that a lot of places have been releasing recipes for some of their most popular dishes and Disney is doing that as well!
First we got the recipe for the Dole Whip
Now Disney, has just released another fan favorite recipe. They've just dropped their Churro recipe and you better break out the stretchy pants!
The recipe issimple and doesn't take too many ingredients, here's what you'll need: 1 cup water, 8 tablespoons butter, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon (divided), 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, 3 eggs, 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil, and ½ cup sugar
Now that you've gotten those items, here's how to make churros, enjoy!
Just in case the video was too quick for you and you'd rather have the instructions here you go:
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.