A whole bunch of popular cereals and breakfast bars are under fire for having unsafe levels of glyphosate, a chemical found in weed killers such as RoundUp.
The Environmental Working Group (EWG), has determined levels to be higher than what their scientists consider protective of children's health.
Glyphosate has been linked to cancer, and there are court cases backing that claim, according to the article from FOX17 Nashville.
Unsafe levels of the chemical were found in the following cereals and breakfast bars:
- Quaker Simply Granola Oats, Honey & Almonds
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal Cinnamon & Spice
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal Apples & Cinnamon
- Quaker Real Medleys Super Grains Banana Walnut
- Quaker Overnight Oats Raisin Walnut & Honey Heaven
- Quaker Overnight Oats Unsweetened with Chia Seeds
- Quaker Oatmeal Squares Brown Sugar
- Quaker Oatmeal Squares Honey Nut
- Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
- Very Berry Cheerios
- Chocolate Cheerios
- Frosted Cheerios
- Fruity Cheerios
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Cheerios Oat Crunch Cinnamon
- Quaker Chewy S’mores
- Quaker Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- Quaker Breakfast Squares Soft Baked Bars Peanut Butter
- Quaker Breakfast Flats Crispy Snack Bars Cranberry Almond