When a disaster hits your backyard, its hard to know exactly how you can help. While we are all still processing and checking in on loved ones, we want you to know that there are plenty of ways that you can help your fellow Nashvillians.
- Hands on Nashville is asking for volunteers that they will activate as soon as it is safe to do so. If you are interesting in volunteering your time, please click here.Given the number of people that are trying to access the site, you may experience some delays.
- The Mt. Juliet Police Department is accepting volunteers for their Mt. Juliet Tornado Clean-up. Click here for more info
- Offer up your extra room or properties to those in need via Airbnb.
- The Equality Alliance is asking for volunteers in North Nashville for a cleanup on Sunday, March 8th 3-5pm. Click here to sign up
- Help is needed in Hermitage. On Saturday, March 7th at 10:30am, a team is staging outside of Hermitage Community Center, located at 3720 James Kay Ln., to collect donations and participate in volunteer efforts. More info here.
- Donate to the Emergency Response Fund created by The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
- Donate to the Crossville/Cumberland County Emergency Management Agency by
- Donating directly to any of the 19 Bank of Putnam County locations
- Donating via Venmo @CookevillePutnamCountyTornado
- Send money via PayPal @CookevillePutnamCountyReliefFund
- Donate to the Music City Inc, the 501c(3) charitiable foundation of the Nashville COnvention & Visitors Corp. Donations can be made by:
- Visiting their website HERE
- Donating via Venmo @VisitMusicCity
- Donating via Paypal with the recipient name email@example.com
- Donating via check payable to Music City Inc. Foundation; send to One Nashville Place, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite G-250, Nashville, TN 37219
- Donelson Christian Academy suffered significant damage in the tornado. A GoFundMe page has been created to help get the school back up and running.
- Donate to Operation BBQ Relief. They are working tirelessly to provide hot meals for victims, volunteers, and first responders.
- Basement East is collecting donations to help them rebuild after the devastation. Click here to read their statement and to donate.
- Donate personal hygiene items, bleach, trash bags, gloves, and box cutters to the Community Resource Center
- Gideon's Army is accepting donations to help the families of North Nashville. Click here for more details.
- Marathon Music Works is accepting donations on Friday, March 6th from 10am-4pm to deliver to Gideons Army. Click here to view requested items
- Ford Ice Center of Bellevue is accepting cleaning products (trash bags, spray cleaner, bleach, work gloves, paper towels) and hygiene products (toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, diapers, baby wipes, soap, shampoo, feminine hygiene products)
- The Community Resource Center, located at 218 Omohundro Place, Nashville, is accepting donations from 9am-8pm thru Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturday. They are currently seeking:
- Large trash cans
- Baby food/formula, baby bottles
- Box cutters
- OTC medicines
- Clean socks, underwear, and bras
- iHeartMedia is collecting items to be donated to The Goodness Project. Items can be dropped off at the iHeartMedia studios, located at 55 Music Square West, Nashville, TN 37203 between 8:30am and 4:30pm. Additionally, items can be dropped off at the iHeartRadio tent prior to the Post Malone and Dan + Shay concerts this week. We are currently seeking the following items:
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wipes, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.)
- Diapers, wipes, and baby supplies for feeding, children's toys
- Body wash
- Laundry detergents
- Dish soaps
- New clothing, socks, shoes, underwear, gloves,etc.
- Non-perishable food + drinks
- Creative Girls Rock has partnered with Pencil 4 Schools to collect school supplies for MNPS to establish new classrooms for teachers and students at schools that have been displaced. Donations will be accepted through Wednesday, March 25th. More info here.
- Mercy Lounge is accepting donations for Gideon's Army & Community Resource Center. For a list of accepted items, click here.
- Fat Bottom Brewery is collecting donations at their taproom to donate to the West Nashville Dream Center. Plus, you'll receive a token for a free beer for donating. More info and a list of items requested can be found here.
Purchase a T-Shirt
- Purchase an "I Believe In Nashville" t-shirt. 100% of the profits from March sales will be donated to The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. You can purchase your shirt here
- All week long, Vinne Louise will donate all proceeds from their Nashville merchandise to the community
- Project 615 will donate 100% of the profits of their "Nashville Strong" t-shirt to Middle Tennessee Emergency Response Fund by the Community Foundation of Middle TN to aid in disaster relief
- Purchase a "We're Still Gonna Sing" t-shirt. 100% of the profits will go to the Middle Tennessee Response Fund
- Bring Hockey Back is selling a Smash Strong t-shirt with net proceeds benefiting the Middle Tennessee Emergency Response Fund
- Bonfire is selling a disaster relief shirt with proceeds being donated to disaster relief foundations
- Purchase a "Nshvl Strng" t-shirt with all funds going directly to The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
- Journey Risk True is selling "We Are Nashville" t-shirts with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the Middle Tennessee Emergency Response Fund
- Purchase a "We Are Nashville" or "Tennessee Strong" t-shirt with proceeds being donated to local tornado relief efforts.
- Nashville Strong t-shirts are available for purchase until March 31st with 100% of the profits being donated to The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
- Nashville Is The Reason is donating 100% of t-shirt sales to the CFMT Response Fund
Purchase an Item
- Bakeries all across Middle Tennessee are creating Tennessee themed cookies. 100% of the proceeds from their sale will be donated to the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee Participating bakeries include The Blue Dot Shoppe, The Blue Cookie Jar, and more. Follow the #nashvillecookiecollab tag for more
- Zeitgeist Gallery, located at 516 Hagan St., is hosting an art sale on Saturday night from 6-8pm. Pieces will be sold for $100 with 100% of the sales going to Gideon's Army. More info here.
- GrooveLife is selling three ring deshttps://www.instagram.com/p/B9Z7PmbnwvE/igns. 100% of their profits will be donated to the Middle Tennessee Emergency Response Fund.
- Kung Fu Saloon will host a Drink for a Cause on Tuesday, March 10th with 100% of drink sales being donated to The Community Foundation
- Red Lobster is hosting a Dine to Donate Night on Tuesday, March 10th. 10% of sales from those who present THIS flyer will be donated to the Community Foundation. Click here to download the flyer.
- Walden Bar is hosting a #NashvilleStrong Tornado Relief Event on Sunday, March 8th from 11am-11pm. 100% of the proceeds from a #nashvillestrong menu will be donated toward ongoing relief efforts, with a focus on the hospitality industry.
- The Nashville Predators are hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive at the Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday, April 1st from 2-7pm. To learn more and to register, click here.
- Tin Roof Demonbreun and Broadway will donate $1 from every Deep Eddy Vodka drink or shot purchased.
As we learn of more ways that you can help your community, we will update you. Most importantly, stay safe and hug your family and friends a little tighter today.